Sunday, August 15, 2010

Why start with an introduction, when you can start with butter?

I know that I should begin a blog with a little bit about who I am and why I want to stick needles in people, but instead I'm going to tell you what you need to do. Rude, but necessary. Trust me, you'll be glad I did.

What you need to do is go get a cast-iron skillet. Throw some butter in it and melt it. On top of the bubbling, delicious butter, place a tortilla. I prefer flour, but go for corn if that's what tickles your nozzle. Once the tortilla is floating on the bubbly butter, top it with a layer of shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, a few pieces of fajita-marinated, grilled chicken, and a bit more cheese. (The second layer of cheese is so the top tortilla will stick to the bottom one.) Toss another tortilla on top of the pile. Let grill for about three minutes.

Pry up one edge of your tortilla--use a spatula, not your fingers! You may want those fingerprints someday. If it's lightly browned and gorgeous, flip the whole thing over and brown the other side.

When it's brown and slightly crispy all over, slide the whole shebang onto a cutting board. Slice into triangles. Put a big scoop of sour cream on a plate and slide those triangles right up next to it. Carry plate to living room. Sit on couch. Turn something brain-dead on the tv. Get up because you forgot to get a cold beer. Sit back down, get comfy, and eat the best quesadilla you have ever tasted in your life.

I'm serious. Do it now. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment